Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Finishing up on Ornaments

Trying to finish up on this year's ornaments.  Making some more of the ornaments like the glittery red/green/blue onions but using the metallic finish ornaments.  Will make ornaments with both silver and gold tone accents and in both 4 and 6 spoke variations.  Each card has four of each color, so I'll make up at least a dozen.  Each takes about an hour to do, but I usually have several in different stages of completion.

These will mainly be used as 'emergency' gifts, kept in the car just in case I need a gift for someone.  Try to keep at least a half dozen pre-wrapped ornaments stashed in the trunk.  Usually have them color-coded using gift wrap so I know which color I am gifting.  I need to see if they have the marquise shaped ovoids in the metallic finish, and if they do, I may make up a pair for each box.

I also need to work on a few upholstered ornaments for a couple of co-workers.  One of them pulls for Alabama, the other UNC.  I have the cloth, forms, and trim, the only thing I have to check will be the double-faced carpet tape.  The one who likes UNC gave his ornament away from last year to his son, so I need to make him one to replace it and make several more for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment