Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Miniatures can go on the big tree too!

Back in 2009, I was working on a way that miniature ornaments could be displayed on full size trees without getting lost.  I had came up with using them as focal elements in the globes as well as using them as accents in larger ornaments, but was still not finished.  I came up with this ornament extender with 4 spokes.  Again the main bead colors are easily changed to match the miniature ornament’s colors and the miniature could be changed fairly easily if broken.





Then earlier this year I revisited a lot of my ornaments and added 2 additional spokes, so now I have both a 4-spoke and 6-spoke variant.  The findings I use have 12 holes but 6 are about as many as I can fit.  I have done the 3 spoke variant on some designs but the 4 and 6 I feel look the best.  The miniature is from a set I picked up several years ago which can help fill out a tree.  The overall dimensions of the extender is 3 inches tall and 1.75 inches wide, with the add-on and the miniature ornament the overall height goes to 4.5 to 5 inches in height.


No comments:

Post a Comment